1. All competition participants fall into following 2 groups:
Group A - Piano duets for one or two pianos.
Age of the participants - up to 26 years |included. It is not allowed to use arrangements of pieces originally meant for other instruments or orchestra. Every duet can in the competition program include pieces both for one and two pianos. All music pieces are to be played by heart. Membership of this competition will amount to no more than 15 piano duets.
Group B - Chamber ensembles with piano.
Age of the participants - up to 26 years included. In the competition can participate all such ensemble complements for which W. A. Mozart has composed. The complement of the ensemble does not change during the rest of the competition program. Membership of this competition will amount to no more than 24 chamber ensembles.
2. The competition is judged by an international jury.
3. Winners of the competition will receive cash prizes: In groups A and B 1st place - Ls 300, 2nd place - Ls 200, 3rd place - Ls 100.
4. The competition will be held in Jurmala, a popular resort by the Baltic sea 24 km (15 miles) from capital Riga.
1. Application form is to be mailed by April 1, 1997 (post stamp). Following documents should be attached to the application:
2. Invitation to participate in the competition will be sent out by April 15, 1997.
3. Participation fee - USD 30 - is to be paid after receiving the invitation but no later than May 1. 1997.
1. All travel and accommodation expenses are to be covered by the participants.
2. Accommodation will be in hotels, costs Ls5-15(USD 10-30) a day.
More detailed information on staying in Jurmala and associated costs can be requested from the competition organizing committee.
Saturday, June 14.
Sunday, June 15.
Monday, June 16.
Tuesday, June 17.
Wednesday, June 18.
Address of the organizing committee:
Competition "Jurmala '97" Smilsu Street 7, Jurmala, LV2015, LATVIA
Armands Zavadskis (director) Tel. in Riga + 371 - 7555254 Fax: + 371 - 2 762288
Irene Strause (secretary) Tel. in Jurmala + 371 - 2 764498
Pay to: BANK OF NEW YORK One Wall Street New York, N.Y.10286 SWIFT code IRVTUS3N
For account of LATVIAN UNIVERSAL BANK SWIFT: UNLA LV 2X LATVIA JURMALA branch No 07010 account No 890-0106-30~3 with BANK OF NEW YORK
Beneficiary Latvijas Dziesmu svetku fonda Jurmalas nodala
Beneficiary account 11070023
Contact Gunta Sproge for more information.
Last updated 03/23/00
by Edmunds MICKUS.