||Prof., Dr. hab. art. Vita Lindenberga - 29 December
- Jaseps Medins Music College (1960 - 1964),
graduated with distinguishion,
Academy of Music, the Department of
Musicology (1964 - 1969) graduated with
- Post-graduated studies (Leningrad) - 1969 - 1973.
Dr. dissertation "The Dramaturgy of B.
Britten’s operas". Dr. degree - 1973.
- Post-graduated studies (Riga - Kiev) - 1984. -
1988. Dr. hab. art dissertation "The
Contemporary Operas of the Baltic Composers in
Comparison with the Main Trends of the Operas in
the XX Century". Dr. hab. art degree - 1989.
- Lecturer at the Latvian Academy of Music - 1967
- Prof. assist., 1973
- Prof., 1989
- Head of the Department of Musicology 1994.
Main courses and directions:
- "The baroque and Renaissance Music",
- "Music in the XX and at the end of the XIX
- "Contemporary technics".
- About 200 articles,
- 3 monographs:
- "Latvian Radio and TV Choir" -
1981, (published in Latvian in Riga),
- The dramaturgy of B. Britten’s operas -
1975, (published in Russian in Riga),
- "The contemporary operas of Baltic
composers" - 1989 (published in
Russian in St. Petersbourg),
- Head of the completed research programm
"Music in Riga in the XIX century" -
- about Latvian music in Lübeck (1990, 1992,
1995), in Adelaide (1996),
Participation in conferences:
- presentation of papers in scientific
conferences about the dramaturgy of the opera’s genre, choir
music problems, the music of the Baltic composers, different
cultural problems (Wilnius, Tallin, Moscow, St. Petersbourg, Kiew,
Minsk, Budapest, Cologne, Lübeck, Greifswald, Chemnitz, Zwickau,
- International R. Wagner Society'sBaden-Baden (1995),
- Frankfurt am Main (1996).
Twice ELIA (European League of Institutes of the Arts)
Board member (1990-92, 1992-94);
The contact person for ELIA from the Latvian Academy
of Music from 1990;
Member of the Latvian Composers Union (1973), Board
member from 1995;
Board member of the Cyclopedia Edition Cologne (1995);
The representative of Latvia in EAS (European
Association for Music in Schools);
The President of the Riga R. Wagner Society (from
Realisation of the EC TEMPUS Programm for further
researches and experience (Lübeck - 1992, Hamburg -
Involving in the "Kaleidoscope programm" -
European Community support for culture" (1997) -
cultural project, carried out in partnership: "The
musical theatre in the XX century".
Languages: Latvian, Russian, German, English.